Mission Education Specialist - Promoter
New York (Ossining)
Join the Maryknoll Society’s Mission Education Team to help U.S. Catholics share God’s love as communities of missionary disciples. Motivated by love and challenged by the Gospel, Maryknoll’s global mission ministry aims to build bridges of solidarity and compassion with marginalized people throughout Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are seeking a Mission Education Specialist - Promoter to engage in outreach to Catholic educators and students as part of our U.S. ministry to foster a culture of mission through mission education and engagement programs. This position specializes in developing global mission education resources for middle school students in line with the Maryknoll Society’s mission vision and Pope Francis’ vision for a missionary Church. Based out of our headquarters in Ossining, New York.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners to promote mission and foster communities of missionary disciples, particularly within the Catholic education system
- Develop and create mission education resources for teachers and students
- Coordinate the development and production of Maryknoll’s middle school classroom resource, including editing, proofreading, and interface with production vendors and units
- Develop and provide mission formation programs for Catholic educators
- Participate in and coordinate domestic and international mission immersion trips
- Promote a culture for missionary vocations
- Collaborate with other Maryknoll Mission Educators and Promoters in the U.S. and with national teams to support mission education initiatives
- A passion for God’s mission as shown by Jesus and a drive to be part of and help create “communities of missionary disciples” in the local U.S. Church
- Integrated Gospel values, faith filled and a practicing Roman Catholic
- Able to meet criteria and standards for working within local dioceses; and familiarity with and acceptance of contemporary Catholic theology, including Catholic Social Teaching
- M.A. in education or equivalent experience or graduate degree
- Ability to work independently AND work collaboratively on a team
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, evening and weekend work is required
- Good public and interpersonal communication skills; particularly dynamic teaching ability and skills; as well as effective organizational and community-building skills
- Previous mission-focused, multicultural pastoral ministry or teaching experience preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Motor vehicle, good driving record and automobile insurance, satisfactory credit report, drug and criminal records screening required
This is a Full Time Exempt Position with medical, dental and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Target start date: September 1, 2016 or sooner.
To apply please send by email to email@example.com: one document as an attachment that 1) indicates the position in which you are interested, 2) a statement why you think this position would be a good fit for you and Maryknoll, and 3) other information typically included in a resume including your educational, ministerial and work experience. Include your last name in the document title. Only your attached document will be forwarded to the hiring team.
For more information about us and our ministries, visit: www.maryknoll.us