Joy of the Gospel, Pope Francis: Selected Text and Reflection Questions
The Joy of the Gospel
What’s the Good News? God is love!
- Am I a joyful person?
- What is preventing God’s love from penetrating my life?
What do we have to share? The JOY of being loved by God.
- Who showed me that God is love? Who evangelized me?
- How have I sharing God’s love with others? What have been the opportunities and challenges?
Who are missionaries? We are all missionary disciples by baptism.
- Do I consider myself a missionary? Why or why not?
- How can I communicating Christ’s love to others?
- What’s are the opportunities and challenges for communicating God’s love to others?
How do we go forth? As a community of missionary disciples
- What are my images of church? Which of Pope Francis’s images strike me?
- What are the communities of missionary disciples that I belong to now?
- What are the communities of missionary disciples that I need to join or create?
What is the role of the parish? Nurture communities of missionary disciples.
- Is my parish a deep well of God’s love?
- How well does my parish support communities of missionary disciples?
- What am I called to do within my parish community to help make it more missionary?
To whom shall we go? The poor and marginalized
- Do I put myself in a position to encounter God in the poor and marginalized?
- How have the poor and marginalized evangelized me?
- What do I need to do better to bring the Good News of God’s love to those who need it the most?
How do we grow in our spiritual life with God? Say YES, be missionary.
- How have I encountered God through an encounter with another person?
- Is my spirituality grounded in God’s mission?
- What can I do to better see myself as “God’s mission on this earth”?