Mission Promoter - Associate Regional Director, Seattle, WA
The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers share the Good News of God’s love by accompanying and serving marginalized people throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Maryknoll serves the Roman Catholic Church locally in the U.S. by fostering a “culture of mission” and supporting “communities of missionary disciples” through its mission education programs. Maryknoll is seeking a Mission Promoter - Associate Regional Director to work out of its Seattle Mission House.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners to promote mission
- Develop and provide mission formation/education opportunities and resources for diocesan and front-line parish ministers and others interested in participating in mission
- Participate and coordinate mission immersion trips
- Coordinate and participate in Maryknoll’s fundraising efforts, including mission appeals
- Promote a culture for missionary vocations
- Coordinate Maryknoll’s presence in the Pacific Northwest and maintain Maryknoll’s Mission House in Seattle
- Collaborate with national team leaders to support mission education initiatives
- Assist the Regional Director in coordinating Maryknoll’s mission education and promotion efforts in the Western U.S.
- B.A. or B.S., graduate work preferred or equivalent experience
- A passion for God’s mission as shown by Jesus and a drive to be part of and help create “communities of missionary disciples” in the local U.S. Church
- Highest moral caliber in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church and able to meet the criteria and standards for working within local dioceses and familiarity and acceptance of contemporary Catholic theology
- Ability to work independently AND work collaboratively on a team
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, evening and weekend work is required
- Good public and interpersonal communication skills and particularly good teaching ability and skills, as well as good organizational and community skills
- Previous mission-focused, multicultural pastoral ministry or teaching experience preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish preferred
- Motor vehicle, good driving record and automobile insurance or other means of transportation necessary for the job; satisfactory credit report, drug and criminal records screening
This is a Full Time Exempt Position with medical, dental and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Target start date: August 1, 2015 or sooner.
To apply please send an email with cover letter and resume with the subject heading "Seattle Position" to Deacon Matt Dulka at email@example.com. For more information, visit: www.maryknoll.us