Give yourself an early Christmas present...join us for our Going Forth in Joy Mission Education Retreat at the historic Maryknoll headquarters in New York!
community of missionary disciples..." Pope Francis
Going Forth in Joy:
Mission Education Training Retreat
Friday December 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Maryknoll Center, Ossining, NY 10545
In Evangelii Gaudium, Pope Francis challenges us to become a Church comprised of "communities of missionary disciples" who go forth in joy to share the Good News of God's love to all, and especially to the poor, the outcast and the unloved.
By baptism we are all called to participate in this mission of Jesus whether at home, in our parishes or around the world. But how many Catholics are aware that they are missionaries? Jesus passed his mission on to his disciples and for almost two thousand years the mission has been passed down from generation to generation. It’s now up to us to make sure that this gift of mission is given to the next generation.
We are excited to offer the Mission Education Training Program Retreat for front line parish and school ministers (teachers, principals, DREs, lay ecclesial ministers, catechists, priests, deacons and wives, etc.). This program will assist them in carrying out the privilege and responsibility they bear of instilling a missionary spirit in the faithful by helping them create and support "communities of missionary disciples" that go forth in joy.
- Incorporate a stronger sense of mission into your ministerial identity and spirituality.
- Develop skills and resources to better integrate the mission into your ministry and programs.
- Help your parishioners and students come alive in their faith as you animate and support them in their calling to take part in the mission of Jesus.
Four sessions over the course of a weekend at our Maryknoll Mission Center in San Lorenzo will include the following, as well as opportunities for individual reflection, communal liturgy and faith sharing:
- God's Mission, Scriptural and Historical Foundations
- Continuing Pentecost Today, Models and Methods of Mission
- Developing a Spirituality Based on Mission and Global Solidarity
- Developing and Implementing Mission Education
Each participant will receive a Mission Resource Kit, including the book, "What is the Mission of the Church?," Maryknoll Magazine Classroom Program with study guides, DVDs and more.
Meals are provided, as well as overnight accommodations. See the website for more details.
For more information or to register, visit:
or contact Kris East at 510-276-5021 or firstname.lastname@example.org